- Please do not use any digital brick wall limiting on the output file, and leave at least some headroom for me to work with, peaks around -3dB to -12dB (average level around -18 dBFS RMS/0dB VU) is great. Work in 24 bit from start to finish (32 bit floating point even better), and if you are clipping the main buss, then just turn everything down until no more clipping occurs. If it sounds too quiet, turn up your monitor gain to compensate.
send links to tracks
or physical media at the highest quality you have them. I can work with
any sample rate
and word length, and all the regular file formats (.wav, .aif, .flac,
.alac, .mp3 etc.), but working from a higher quality source file will enable higher quality results.
Please specify if you have
any particular artistic requirements. I am very happy to work with you to achieve the sound you desire.
- Files will be returned via
FTP link as 16 bit 44.1kHz stereo .wav files,
unless you specify otherwise. I'd be happy to provide other
.aif, .flac, or .mp3 files in addition to the regular files, just ask. I always upload the returned files with .zip
compression, as this shrinks the file
size, reducing the download time, and also contains error checking.
Turnaround, Terms & Conditions, & Crediting
- Depending on the current schedule, turnaround usually varies
from a day or two for a single track, to five to ten days for an album.
- Please make sure that you are 100% happy with your mix before
submitting it for mastering. Mix suggestions will be given before I
start work, if I feel something needs to be addressed. My rates apply to one particular source file only, so new mixes of the same track will be charged as another track. My FTP server space is extremely limited and I am using it all the
time, therefore I can't guarantee that files will still be there more than a week
after posting the link to you. Please download the link I send within seven days.
- If your work is released, please credit me as follows: