Friday the 24th of May, 2013
- I've recently finished work on mastering my first film soundtrack. My friend, Nigel Samways, composed all the music for "Nightmare Hunters" (previously known as "Dark Roar"), which is a children's horror/monster film shot around Brighton, UK, and should be out this summer. The film is written and directed by Ewan Gorman of Black Rock Films. You can see the latest trailer here.
Tuesday the 7th of May, 2013
- The new 7" "Ameratsu" single from Uschi-No-Michi is now available as the very first release on the fledgling Phatic Musk label here. There are only a very limited 100 numbered copies, so grab it fast. The single is very cleverly packaged in old 8" floppy disks, but is also available as a digital download (including the vinyl rips).
Monday the 29th of April, 2013
- Pittsburgh Hip Hop artist Crystal Seth has just released his debut album, District XXIII. You can download or stream the mp3 version for free from here, and lossless and CD versions will be available at a later date. I had a lot of fun working on this one! The video single, "Quite Like Me", can also be seen here.
Friday the 12th of April, 2013
- Hermetech Mastering is now on the official Apple Mastered For iTunes providers list. If your release will be sold on iTunes and you are interested in having it available in the MFiT part of the store, please let me know so that I can ensure the proper guidelines are followed as regards audio quality etc. More info here.
- The new VCOADSR mini album of modular synth music is out now. You can stream it here, or buy the download here.
Friday the 5th of April, 2013
- The new Combinatorics EP from Mad Kate | The Tide is now available for ordering on the iTunes store here. I feel extremely
fortunate to have worked on this release, as both the emotional content,
and the sound quality, are of such a high standard. There is also a book version available here.
Tuesday the 12th of March, 2013
new "Songs from the Dead House" EP from
Pawnsphinx, is now available for download from the Norwegian "Mars
Melons" label, in MP3 and lossless FLAC formats here. You can download it for
free, but please consider donating a little if you like the music. Three tracks, fifteen wonder filled minutes of IDM. On this release we went for a deliberately dirty, visceral, gritty,
blown out, saturated, tapey, tubey, 70's type vibe in the mastering
(albeit in a pretty subtle way, and despite the fact that no actual
tapes or tubes, or tape or tube emulations, were used). We're both
extremely happy with the way this has turned out. I think it makes a
nice contrast to all the ultra clean stuff we currently hear a lot of.
Tuesday the 5th of March, 2013
- The debut "Control Change" EP by Lapse finally sees the light of day! You can buy it on their Bandcamp page here.
- The Skulls Of The Shogun soundtrack by Gio Makyo (for the game details please see below), is now available to purchase here.
Wednesday the 6th of February, 2013
- The new Microsoft game, "Skulls Of The Shogun", has just knocked Angry Birds off the top of the Xbox charts! Music by Gio Makyo, mastered by me. Available on XBox, Windows etc. Grab it here.
- The Abre Ojos entire back catalogue, including the "Chakras" album mastred by me, is now available on Bandcamp. Go and get your drone on here!
Tuesday the 29th of January, 2013
- Happy New Year to everyone! First release of the year is the new Ambient/Electro-Acoustic "Eine Symphonie des Graus" EP, from ELF. Free download in mp3 or 24 bit
lossless formats on the Bandcamp page here. Two fairly dark/drone style tracks, with a floaty
uplifting one sandwiched between!
Wednesday the 5th of December, 2012
- The debut single by Berlin's Mad Kate & The Tide, entitled "Leather Jacket", will soon be available to order from all the usual places. You can hear a streaming version here. I'll be working with them again in the new year.
Monday the 5th of November, 2012
- The new Prometheus Burning album, Kill It With Fire, is now available for pre-order from the WTII label here. From the description: "Kill It With Fire is the seventh studio album from the Pittsburgh duo
Prometheus Burning. Aimed at annihilating the dance floor, Kill It With
Fire, features nine new cuts plus remixes from Portion Control and I,
Parasite. This is their hardest hitting release to date and tracks like
"Kill It With Fire" and "We R The Gods" only solidify that statement."
- The Pneuma compilation is also now being distributed by WTII and can be ordered here.
- I also recently mastered this great pop tune by Milan's Dave Official, check it out here. Also on Facebook and Twitter. Video to follow!
Thursday the 18th of October, 2012
- A recently mastered Psy Trance track by Equilizyme & Transiant, entitled Aloaceae, has been uploaded to the Examples page. The track features greater dyanmic range than the current "standard" for the genre, and sounds all the better for it!
Wednesday the 10th of October, 2012
- The Pneuma charity compilation for lung cancer research is now available to buy on Bandcamp here, in both physical (double CD) and download versions. Please support this great cause, and get to hear some great music in the process!
Wednesday the 1st of August, 2012
- The Indiegogo campaign for the new "Pneuma" compilation album, organised by members of Prometheus Burning, has just gone live. Please pledge your support, as it's a charity compilation with all proceeds going to lung cancer research. I've also offered to master three tracks as one of the perks for contributing, which is CHEAPER THAN MY REGULAR RATE and you'd also get a copy of the album! If you're thinking about having an EP mastered, this would save you a lot of cash, and you'd be helping out a lot of people.
Friday the 27th of July, 2012
- New project release: Uschi-No-Michi "Blue Lights" EP. Free lossless download, including five tracks, artwork, and two videos, available from the Pathmusick label here.
Sunday the 22nd of July, 2012
- New project release: Memory Motel - Wasted Days/Lost Souls 7" Single. Limited edition (500 copies), multi-coloured splatter vinyl. Available on their Bandcamp page here.
Saturday the 14th of July, 2012
- New studio acquisition: Dangerous Music Bax EQ. This is placed at the end of the analogue chain, right before the Crookwood ADC. It provides extremely subtle and transparent tonal shapng options, can act as a "tilt" EQ, and also has powerful high pass and low pass filters. In combination with the Pullet EQ (which looks after the mid range frequencies), I now have an extremely transparent, final program EQ, that covers all bases. Putting both into bypass can be quite revelatory!
- Recent project: New freely downloadable lossless EDM EP by Blue Light Fever, "Head For The Exit", available exclusively from the Hermetech Mastering website. Head over to the Examples page to download it now!
- Recent project: New freely downloadable lossless Ambient album by Cataluma, "Sidereal Shadows", now available on Pathmusick here.
Wednesday the 7th of March, 2012
- A very happy new Year of the Dragon to everyone! Lots going on at Hermetech Mastering, here are a few of the highlights. I've been really impressed with the new studio acquisition of a Crookwood console/monitor controller/converters/headphone amp/VU Meter. The two main benefits are the extremely high sound quality of the conversion, and the ease with which I can set up complex A/B comparisons at the touch of a button, leading to a highly improved work flow. The web site has also been updated with a couple of new pictures (see the Gear page). For new releases mastered here recently, please see the following news items.
- The new Void Expansion Ensemble "EP1", a nice Berlin School style EP, is now available from their Bandcamp page here.
- The début, self titled album from Audio Resistance is now out. More info on their website here, and a video for the track "Common Man", is here.
- The first new album from Makyo in six years, "Purnima", is just about to be released on Dakini Records in Japan. See flyer below for Tokyo launch party details.
- A video of one of the tracks, "Horus Calling" from The Green Man album, "Musick Without Tears", on HR!SPQR is available here.
- The new "Three Meritorious Faces" EP, from Pawnsphinx, is now available for free download from the Pathmusick website, in lossless FLAC format, here. While you are there, also check out the releases from Decadnids and Uschi-No-Michi.
Thursday the 22nd of December, 2011
- It's been a long time since my last update, but that's because I've been very busy! Here are some of the projects I have been working on recently.
- I completed mastering an album of game music, mainly by Makyo. The game will be released by Microsoft next year, has a Japanese theme, and is called "Skulls Of The Shogun". I've also started work on the new Makyo live album, which comprises four long form tracks of beautiful live Eastern percussion and instrument tracks over chilled electronic beats, in the classic Makyo style. The album will be released on Dakini Records next year.
- The new Electronica/Dark Wave/Industrial/Goth album by Where The Embers Fall, "True Fate", was also recently mastered by me. The CD is now available for ordering from CD Baby here, or you you can buy the digital download version from iTunes or Amazon. Well worth a listen for fans of The Sisters Of Mercy, or Nine Inch Nails. The album was mixed by Christopher Jon of I, Parasite, and we are hoping to work together on other albums in the future.
- Another album recently completed was the latest offering from The Green Man, a Neo-Folk band from Milan. The album currently has no title, but will be released on SPQR records early next year. It deals with the life, times and writings of Alesiter Crowley. Most of the tracks are very different from each other, but the narrative holds it together as an album really well. It runs the gamut from noisey drone to beatiful pop, that sometimes reminds me of The Jesus And Mary Chain, or other early Shoegazers.
- I'm currently in the middle of mastering the new album by Albion Dub Sound System, entitled "Seven Drones", (one for each day of the week!) It will be completed soon and released early next year. It's a very chilled and uplifting, meditative affair!
- The future promises a new electronica EP from Vasculator, and the debut album from Audio Resistance, both of which I am very much looking forward to hearing and working on!
- In the studio, I have recently taken possession of a Crookwood C1 mastering console, monitor controller, A/D and D/A converters, and headphone amp, with a VU meter to come later. This has truly put Hermetech Mastering in the big league, with no "prosumer grade" components in the signal path at all. It has been a huge upgrade in sound quality, and I am looking forward to doing great work with this system in future!
- Finally, I'd like to say Season's Greetings to all who are reading this. I hope you have a wonderful festive season, and a fulfilling 2012! All the best from Gregg at Hermetech Mastering.
Wednesday the 5th of October, 2011
- I've recently finished mastering a demo project for Sage Heart, an acoustic folk duo from Reno, Nevada. It made a really refreshing change from working on electronic music, and
the release even features a cover of Bon Jovi's "Livin On A Prayer". It's beautiful, heartfelt music, so please check out their web site now!
Monday the 26th of September, 2011
- I am very proud and happy to announce that today marks the official re-opening of Hermetech Mastering for business! It's been an excruciating wait, but I am finally able to start work again, now that the last piece of the puzzle has arrived (a new PC). Look out for new releases I have mastered from Joix, Dialog>, Where The Embers Fall, Makyo, and various other projects in the works.
Wednesday the 14th of September, 2011
- The Carillon PC is incoming, it should arrive within the next few days. This is the final step before I can start working again. Suffice to say I am very excited! The backlog is about twenty clients, mostly single tracks and EPs, but a couple of albums too. Therefore, any new enquiries will probably not get seen for at least a month while I am catching up. It will be good to be busy again though!
- On another note, Andy of Dialog> recently let me know that one of the Input Junkie remixes I mastered for him was released on an EP. You can read more about it here.
Thursday the 25th of August, 2011
- Things have been moving very slowly here due to Paypal freezing all of my funds for six weeks, holidays (Milan comes to a complete standstill during the month of August), and illness. Apologies to all of you waiting for me to start work again, I've had nearly three months of down-time, and it's been very frustrating to say the least. Please be assured that things are falling into place, and that I'll be available for mastering again soon.
- On a positive note, the ATC SCM20A SL Pro monitors have arrived, and are sounding spectacular. Possibly the greatest nearfield monitors ever created, weighing in at 60kg, with an awesome 600W of Class A power behind them. A new studio desk and Carillon Audio AC1: Core 4 PC have been ordered this week, and a custom Crookwood monitor controller will be ordered very soon. This will include an extremely high quality A/D converter, two D/A converters, (one for monitoring and one for feeding the analogue chain), a headphone amp and a VU meter. A Dangerous Music Bax EQ is also on the horizon.
- I am also planning to extend the web site with links to pages on my personal mastering philosophy, a "case study" of all the processes a track might pass through after it reaches me, which equipment and settings I use (and why I use them), and some hints on the best way to submit your tracks. If you'd like any specific questions answered, then please drop me a line and I'll do my best to answer them.
Friday the 15th of July, 2011
- The move to Milan, Italy has been a great success! Last Saturday everything arrived in boxes from Japan, so we have been very busy unpacking. All the outboard mastering gear is here, but I have to buy new power cords for everything. I am also currently without studio monitors and a PC, but am hoping to have these within the next month. It looks like July was a little premature, and I now think it will be sometime in August that I will be up and running again. I am very sorry for the delay!
- The new album by Zerosum Inertia, "Red Lake For A Bloody Island", has finally been relased. The album was mastered at Hermetech Mastering, as usual, but also features three tracks which were post processed by me through a complex modular synth patch. You can download the entire album for just $6 on the artist's Bandcamp page here.
Tuesday the 24th of May, 2011
- I've been working with Lapse again, and there should be an EP available this summer. Right now you can download a recent track I mastered for them, called "The Wheel", on their SoundCloud page here. I love their minimal sound, they take all the best things I love about classic Detroit Techno and Basic Channel releases, but evolve and morph them into truly monsterous music! More news as it comes in.
- The Japan benefit compilation, "Pale Blue Dot", (Synthellec Records), put together by Shikhee (Android Lust), is now available here, for a donation of just $8 or more. Here's what she has to say about the release, "The name is borrowed from a photograph of planet Earth taken in 1990 by
Voyager 1 from four billion miles away, and a subsequent book by
astronomer Carl Sagan. It puts in perspective how fragile we are, how
negligible our perceived differences. The recent earthquakes and tsunami
in Japan are a stark reminder of that fact. It brings home the need to
stand by one another in whatever capacity we can. This fourteen track compilation features friends of mine from the
electronic music scene who were more than happy to donate their time and
talent. Nine of these tracks are yet unreleased or exclusive. The compilation
was mastered by Japan based engineer Gregg Janman at Hermetech
Mastering, who made time for this even as he prepared and packed for his
move across continents to Europe. The cover art is by astrophotographer
Masahiro Miyasaka, winner of 2009's Galilean Nights' astrophotography
The proceeds will be split 50/50 between the Red Cross, and Japan Earthquake Animal Rescue and Support.
It will be available for purchase at all your usual digital outlets on 5/31. I hope you love this compilation!"
01. Collide ~ Crushed
02. Avi Ghosh ~ All That's Left Of Us
03. Advent Dawn ~ A Portrait In Mind
04. My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult ~ Death Threat
05. Mankind Is Obsolete ~ Picking at the Scab (Live mix by Sylvia Massy)
06. Abrasions ~ All Ashes
07. I, Parasite ~ White
08. Prometheus Burning ~ Invisible Enemy
09. Roughhausen ~ A Momentary Lapse
10. Android Lust ~ Man Descends
11. kAlte fArben ~ Braintrashed Love
12. R010R ~ Exogenesis
13. Anthony Baldino ~ Small Distances
14. Explosives For Her Majesty ~ Frayed
- On a slightly different note than my usual release news updates, I have a couple more personal announcements I'd like to make today. Firstly, is the fact that Hermetech Mastering will soon be re-locating from Yokohama, Japan, (where I have been living for the last twelve years), to Milan, Italy, (where I will be living for at least the next four years). It's very exciting, but as you can imagine there is a lot of turmoil involved, and I am sad to report that I will have to close for business starting next Monday, the 30th of May, 2011, for the forseeable future. I am hoping to have things ready to start mastering again in Italy in July. I am very sorry about this down time, but as you can imagine, there is precious little I can do about it! I will report back again when I have a clearer idea of the re-opening date.
- Secondly, I'd like all my valued clients to know that most of the mastering payments I receive go back into the
studio. You are all helping me to buy better equipment, so that I can continue to
do better work in the future. First up after the move will be a new Carillon audio PC (I've been using my current PIII 1GHz 256MB RAM PC for
over ten years, so it's probably about time for an upgrade), a Grace Design M903
monitor controller/monitor DAC/headphone amp, and a pair of ATC
monitors. In future I would also like a Forssell MADA-2 DAC/ADC on the
ends of my analogue outboard chain, a Dangerous Music Bax EQ, and a custom Crookwood mastering
console. I'd just like to thank all of my wonderful clients for supporting Hermetech Mastering over the last eighteen months. It has been a true pleasure, and working on so many different projects has given me a great deal of valuable experience.
Friday the 13th of May, 2011
- I was recently involved in a re-working/remixing/mastering project with Adam Stalker (much as with the as yet un-released zerosuminertia album I was involved with). The track is a Dark Ambient Drone piece, and may be included in the new film by underground director Bruce Labruce. More info on Adam's SoundCloud page here.
Monday the 25th of April, 2011
- The Maman Kusters "S'Envoie En L'air" EP will be released tomorrow on Black Leather Records from Bogota. The EP features three tracks mastered at Hermetech Mastering. The EP will be available from iTunes, Amazon, and all the regular online stores. More info on the bands Soundcloud page here. If you like DAF you'll love this! A video for one of the tracks is available here.
- Dave Skipper's new self-released albums, "Brainwaves", and "Hints Of Metamorphosis" are now shipping! "Brainwaves" features an exclusive Eat Static remix. Both albums can be ordered from his Bandcamp page here. It was a real pleasure to work on Dave's expertly crafted tunes!
- Danny Hyde has placed a video for one of the tracks from the Svay Pak EP up on YouTube. You can watch it here. The EP is nearing completion and will be released and shipping very soon.
Thursday the 17th of March, 2011
- My how things can change in just one week! I'd like to assure anyone concerned that all at Hermetech Mastering are safe and well in Yokohama. The offers of support, both financial and emotional, have been absolutely incredible. I am hoping to start mastering work again next Monday. Luckily no equipment was damaged in the earthquake.
- I am extremely happy to announce that I will be mastering the forthcoming "Svay Pak EP" by Danny Hyde. The EP features tracks from the last 20 years, tied together by the fact that they all feature different vocalists Danny has worked with. Danny has worked with Coil, NIN, PWEI, and Adamski, amongst many others, and was a seminal influence on the UK sampling and dance music scene of the late 80's and early 90's. Three tracks are done, with two more to go. The release will be extremely limited (no more tha 150 CDs), each disc with individual artwork. More details here.
Thursday the 10th of March, 2011
- I am currently working on a three album project of tracks by UK musician Dave Skipper. Dave is a very talented guitarist and engineer, and his music is an incredible fusion of thrashy guitars, Drum & Bass, and psychedelic rock. The album also features remixes by Eat Static and Zia (former bass player for the Ozric Tentacles). The album will be self-released by the artist within the next few weeks, and you can find out more info here.
- The debut noise/drone/experimental album by attacksustain, "Create.Destroy.Rebuild", which I mastered in January, is now available as a "pay what you want" download from the artist's web site here, in a choice of digital formats.
Thursday the 17th of February, 2011
- Just a quick update to plug the following release from Joix, recently mastered here. It's a stomping dance floor filler and deserves to do exceedingly well! Joix is currently looking for a label to release this tune, so please let us know if you might be able to help. Online streaming version available for your listening pleasure here.
- Please stay posted for some very exciting news in the near future!
Thursday the 3rd of February, 2011
- The Abre Ojos "Chakra" high resolution audio and video DVD is now available for ordering from the Abre Ojos web site here. It is limited to 100 copies and costs US $20 including shipping.
Hi Res Version
Hi Res Version
Wednesday the 19th of January, 2011
- Today marks the first anniversary of Hermetech Mastering! I'd like to say a big thank you to all the wonderful artists I have had the pleasure of working with over the last year, along with Graham from OpenSussex for helping me set up the site, and taoyoyo for the design work. I've been a little quiet when it comes to updating this site recently, but it's not for a lack of news or work. I have been extremely busy! Here is a list of some of the projects I have been involved with recently:
- I've been continuing to do a lot of work with taoyoyo, mainly going through his archive and putting the finishing touches to some older tracks. Many of these are available for free download from his website here or his Bandcamp page here. These include the great new "Jam" EP, and the "Two Minds" single. I have also mastered a three album compilation of his work from the 1990's, when he was in the indie band Hive, along with Andy Smith (of Dialog>), and Martin Bell. I am not sure when this will be available, but I will keep you posted! Two OMD remixes have also recently been mastered.
- Another project is the forthcoming dark ambient/drone album from Abre Ojos. This album will be a limited release on DVD, with music (in DVD audio 24bit 48kHz quality), and visuals, all designed by the artist. The album is around 90 minutes long, and comprises seven tracks, each track based upon one of the seven Chakras of Kundalini Yoga. It's a very deep listening experience! The DVD will start shipping soon, and will be available directly from Abre Ojos here. Abre Ojos will be performing live this weekend at The Rainbow Serpent Festival in Victoria, and then with Alex and Allyson Grey on their Australian Tour the following week.
- I have also recently finished mastering the debut album by zerosuminertia, "Red Lake For A Bloody Island". This is another dark ambient/noise style release, and comprises four tracks and three "re-workings" by Babaluma. The album will be a limited CD release, available from the artist directly here.
- Finally, for now at least, is the debut album by attacksustain, "Create.Destroy.Rebuild". This will also be available from the artist directly here.
- I'll post more news on the above releases as it comes in. These are very exciting times at Hermetech Mastering, and I wish all the visitors to this site a healthy and prosperous 2011!
Wednesday the 1st of December, 2010
- I am very happy to announce the exclusive release on this website of the "It-Theka E.P." by Pawnsphinx. Three tracks of high quality acrobatic beats and breaks, backed by sublime strings and things. Chamber music for the 21st Century! This E.P. contains all new material recorded in the latter half of 2010, and was mastered at Hermetech Mastering.
- It is available as a free download in either high quality FLAC, or 320kbps mp3 zip files. Artwork by Nick Alpin and taoyoyo is also included. More info and the downloads links are available here.
- Pawnsphinx is a refreshing electronic artist to work with, as he is as concerned with preserving dynamic range and high fidelity sound as I am. As such, these recordings certainly won't sound "competitive" when placed along side the latest commercial chart fodder, but we'd both like to think that the effort required to turn up your amplifier will be well rewarded!
Monday the 4th of October, 2010
- I am very happy to announce the release of Peppermint Sine Waves Vol. I - A Hermetech Mastering Compilation, which is available for free download from the Examples page of this site. It replaces the old Before & After section, and is a better representation of what it is I do. Eleven great electronic music tracks from eleven great artists, and a fantastic cover and booklet design by taoyoyo. Many thanks to all the people involved for your wonderful musical and artistic contributions!
- Another release from the Hermetech Mastering stable today is the latest EP from taoyoyo. The Dark Side of the Fours is the second EP in the retroyoyo series, and features three slices of dark abstract tribal techno. It's available as a free downoad from here.
Tuesday the 7th of September, 2010
- No news for some time, but I have been very busy behind the scenes with a number of exciting things. First up is a very special project which I will announce more details about shortly. Please stay tuned!
- I have recently mastered the "Dark Side of the Fours EP" from taoyoyo, which should be up on the web site soon. Great stuff and much darker than the Jello EP. Speaking of which, a very interesting review recently appeared here.
- Other great mixes entering Hermetech Mastering have included more great dubby ambience from Dialog>, and an absolute stomper of refined minimalism from Lapse.
Thursday the 5th of August, 2010
- The taoyoyo "Doggy Bag" project continues to grow with the track "Overload". Available for free download here.
Wednesday the 21st of July, 2010
- The taoyoyo "Jello EP" of cheeky house music has just been released as a free download. You can download it from their Bandcamp page here. I recommend you download the high quality .flac files and turn it up loud!
Wednesday the 16th of June, 2010
- The release date for the Drumspyder album, "Kytheria", on Dakini Records has been set for next Saturday the 19th of June, 2010, in tandem with the release party. I have a promo copy and the packaging and music are both fantastic. It is available for preorder directly from Dakini Records now, and it should be in the shops by July.
- The release date for the Prometheus Burning double album "Displacement Disorder", has been set for Friday the 23rd of July, 2010. There is a limited edition box set of 500 with lots of goodies, plus digital downloads will be available from the band's Bandcamp page. The band have organised promotional events at various clubs, and they intend to start touring the album extensively this summer.
- Other recent projects at Hermetech Mastering include an EP for synth metal band Ögenix, which will be given away free after their performance at the Rockfest in Montreal this coming Saturday, and can be heard on the band's SoundCloud page here, and more work on the taoyoyo back catalogue.
Friday the 28th of May, 2010
- Perhaps the most lucid and succinct explanation of mastering I have read so far appeared recently on the ProSoundWeb site:
The Ten Most Frequently Asked Questions About Mastering
- The release party for the debut album by DrumSpyder on Dakini Records will be held at club Cay in Omotesando, Tokyo, on Saturday the 19th of June, 2010. DrumSpyder and Gio Makyo will both be performing live at the event, and there will also be live painting, DJs, VJs and belly dancers.
Monday the 17th of May, 2010
- Small site redesign/update, new colour scheme and banner (thanks to Graham at Open Sussex and taoyoyo for those!)
- Two new chillout tracks from taoyoyo (mastered at Hermetech Mastering), entitled "Flood" and "Low", are available for free download from his SoundCloud page here.
Tuesday the 11th of May, 2010
- The I, Parasite "Cope" EP is out today, downloads available in many formats from only $3! Info here.
Monday the 26th of April, 2010
- There's a great review of the Thermionic Culture Pullet EQ, which I use and love, in this months Sound On Sound magazine.
Saturday the 24th of April, 2010
Tuesday the 6th of April, 2010
News of some recent projects at Hermetech Mastering:
The new tribal fusion album by DrumSpyder on Dakini Records
will be released very soon. Some incredible percussion work, and a truly
amazing visual artist too! Check out the opening tune on the Dakini
Records home page now.
- The new double album by Prometheus Burning, "Displacement Disorder" will soon get a physical and
digital release on the band's own label. The album consists of two
discs, the first is the band's industrial album as titled
above, and the second is a disc of power electronics and noise by alter
ego Four Pi Movement, entitled "Murder in the Raw". The band have
been having a very tough time with labels recently, so please give them
all your support. They are offering very interesting presents for
people pledging just a little money to help get the release out, check here.
A new E.P. by i, parasite
will be available for download from their webiste from Tuesday the 11th of May,
on Dark Vision Media. Shockingly good EBM.
- Various tracks have been mastered for Audio Resistance, I highly recommend checking out some of his work on his SoundCloud page here, or in the Before & After section of this very site.
Work continues on mastering the Pawnsphinx and taoyoyo back catalogues. More news on release dates and formats to follow.
Wednesday the 17th of March, 2010
- The Hermetech Mastering website goes live. Just a quick note to say that this web site is now up and
functional. If you know anyone who needs professional audio mastering,
then please send them my way. It's by no means complete and will be a constant work in progress, so please keep checking back.